Booking Terms & Conditions
Mapperton Estate (“Mapperton”, “we” or “our”) sells and issues bookings for entry (the “Bookings”) to Mapperton House (“House”) and Mapperton Gardens (“Gardens”) subject to the following terms and conditions:
Once a booking has been confirmed the booking confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address specified. It is your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information supplied to Mapperton in respect of the booking requirements is accurate.
At the time of purchase, you will be provided with a booking reference number. Please bring this with you as you will not be able to gain entry without the booking reference number. Please note, Easter fun days and Easter Trail tickets are only available on the day at the shop and are £5 per child.
Bookings, Refunds and Validity
Payments for bookings are non-refundable, except in the circumstances of the House or Gardens being closed for the full day on the specified booking date; our refund policy is below. Exceptional closures are noted on Mapperton’s website. As the booking is for a specified period, you do not have any right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations or otherwise. Once the booking holder has visited using the booking purchased it will be void and cannot be used again.
On arrival at Mapperton, the following will be required in order to validate an booking purchased through this website:
– A legible print-out of the booking or by showing the confirmation email on a mobile phone. Failure to bring either of these may delay the admission process. Please note that, if using a mobile phone, the booking holder must also bring with them the reference number in case of a poor reception at Mapperton.
– Mapperton reserves the right to charge the normal House or Gardens admission price to any persons not able to validate their booking in the above manner but who still wish to enter the garden.
– Please note that all booking prices are subject to change without prior notice and may vary through different sales channels (e.g. website and at the House or Gardens entrance).
– Any additional persons wishing to enter with a holder of an booking will be required to pay the admission prices as stated at the entrance
Promotions and offers
Please read the terms and conditions provided for any promotions or discounts before purchasing bookings.
Many promotions are only redeemable at certain times and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
Mapperton reserves the right to decline any promotional voucher.
Classes of Bookings
For the purpose of booking sales, the following apply:
– An adult is a person aged 16 years or over.
– A child is aged 15 years or younger.
Children will not be admitted without an adult.
Discounts on the standard adult admission prices are available for groups of 20 adults or more and are available by contacting the us directly by phone, post or email. See https://mapperton.com/visit-us/ for more details.
One companion is admitted free of charge per wheelchair user, visually impaired visitor or other person whose disability necessitates a carer. This booking can be obtained at the entrance on arrival.
If the entire House & Gardens are closed for a whole day on your planned day of visiting and you are unable to come any other time in the validity period of your booking, then the original buyer of the bookings will be refunded with the amount that they paid for the booking(s). The maximum refund payable will be the face value of the booking(s) for the day concerned. Please view our full refund policy here: https://mapperton.com/refund-policy/
General Refund conditions
Only the original Buyer of the bookings is eligible for refunds.
In the instance of the House & Gardens being closed on your planned day of visit, you should email Mapperton within seven days of the day concerned to arrange a refund on firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be made using the original payment method (i.e. direct to credit / debit card account).
Refunds will only be given on bookings, according to the terms and conditions.
Mapperton shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whether direct or consequential, including but not limited to travel expenses, car parking fees and catalogues and you and the booking holder waive all rights of whatsoever nature against Mapperton, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives in respect of injury, death, loss or damage arising from or pursuant to the booking or any visit to the Gardens. Nothing in the terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict liability for personal injury or death due to negligence.
Refunds will not be given for any Friday or Saturday when the House & Gardens are advertised as closed or during the closed period.
Access to Mapperton House & Gardens
Due to exceptional circumstances (for example, heavy snow, ice or high winds), the House and/or the Gardens (or parts thereof) may be forced to close.
The visitor must check before visiting to ensure that the House and/or Gardens are open, either by calling 01308 862645 or checking the website.
Opening times may vary throughout the year. Check the website https://mapperton.com/visit-us/ for details.
The House may only be visited on one of the scheduled tours. These usually start at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. During busy periods the tour times may vary, so please check at the entrance.
The last admission to the Gardens is one hour prior to the advertised closing time of the Gardens.
Re-entry to the Gardens is only permitted with a booking valid for the day of your visit.
Mapperton reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry to or to remove from Mapperton, any person. This includes, but is not limited to, a person who:
– Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of Mapperton, has, or is likely to, adversely affect the plant collection in the Gardens, the collection in the House or the safety or enjoyment of other visitors.
– Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner that may provoke a breach of the peace.
– Is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Mapperton House & Gardens Rules
It is prohibited to take the following into Gardens:
– Any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, blades, flammable liquids or other items that may cause injury.
– Skateboards, rollerblades, roller-skates, bikes, scooters and other forms of personal transport (excluding those for disabled visitor access such as wheelchairs and personal mobility vehicles).
– Balls, frisbees, balloons or any other similar item.
– Pets or animals of any nature (except registered support dogs).
– Musical instruments and sound systems, without prior written agreement.
To prevent these items from being taken into the House & Gardens, or items being removed from the House & Gardens, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by Mapperton staff.
To make your visit enjoyable and safe for everyone we ask visitors to please:
– Avoid standing in any planted areas.
– Respect the plant collections by avoiding pulling, digging, removing or tearing plants or trees.
– Keep mobile telephone volumes low.
– Respect other visitors by not playing music through any device that others visitors can hear.
– Obtain authorisation from Mapperton before filming or taking photographs of the Gardens for public broadcast, commercial purpose or student projects.
– Not throw any article which could cause injury or annoyance to visitors.
– Adhere to signage throughout the Gardens.
– Not to allow children to climb the banks or case or feed any of the animals.
There are no facilities for the storage of luggage at the Gardens. Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk and any containers left unattended may be removed for security reasons. Mapperton accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into the House & Gardens.
Visitors will be required to leave large bags and ruck sacks in the entrance hall of the House during house tours. This is to avoid any accidental damage to items in the House. Please note the Mapperton accepts no liability for such items, and suggests that visitors do not bring any valuable items on their visit.
From time to time, Mapperton or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring (including by CCTV cameras) in the House and/or Gardens, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, the visitor agrees that Mapperton or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. The visitor further agrees that copyright in these materials rests with Mapperton or such authorised party (as the case may be). The visitor agrees also that these images may be used to monitor security and safety within the House & Gardens.
Plants on show
The planting displays at Gardens are dependent on weather, temperatures and other natural conditions, therefore, Mapperton cannot guarantee which plants will be looking their best at the time of the visit. If the booking holder is visiting to see a particular plant, please contact the Mapperton before visiting.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.