Mapperton Gardens are now open Saturday to Thursday from 11am to 5pm and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the gardens throughout the summer.
From 1 August, the Coach House café will be open from Saturday to Wednesday 11am to 3pm offering a selection of hot and cold drinks, cakes, toasties, sandwiches and light lunches. We have joined the Eat Out to Help Out scheme, which means customers will enjoy 50% off (up to £10) from Monday to Wednesday during August.
Unfortunately the House will remain closed for the time being.
Following a COVID risk assessment, we have made various changes to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- Please book in advance for the day that you visit. Please be considerate of others when you arrive and always maintain a minimum of 2m from other groups.
- Tickets should be purchased online in advance via our website and are limited to 100 per day. To help with social distancing please be considerate of others during your visit. Please bring your ticket receipt with you. Garden tickets are £10 for adults and £4 for Under 16s (Under 5 free).
- The Coach House Café will be open from 1 August from Saturday to Wednesday for drinks, cakes, sandwiches, toasties and light lunches. You can find more details and a menu here. You are welcome to sit indoors in our large café space with 2m distanced tables or use the outdoor seating available. If you choose to sit indoors then we will request your name and phone number for NHS Test and Trace.
- Please don’t park too close to others as there will be ample parking space given the limited numbers.
- There will be hand sanitisers available near the entrance, in the café and in the lavatories.
- The Gardens will have a one way route, with the option of shorter and longer routes around the gardens. There will be a different entrance and exit to avoid crowding on the narrow paths. You can pick up a map at the entrance when you arrive.
- Hand rails in the gardens will be cleaned regularly but please avoid touching or wear gloves if you are able.
- The lavatories will be open and cleaned daily. However only one person will be allowed in each area at a time. Please use the sliding signs to indicate occupancy.
- You are welcome to bring a picnic but please use the designated areas 1) beyond the car park and 2) by the Coach House. Please maintain social distancing and take all your rubbish home with you.
- As usual, dogs must remain in the car park area or outside the Coach House only.
- A selection of plants will be available for sale. These can only be bought with cash via an Honesty Box, so please bring change if you would like to make a purchase.
- Historic House and RHS members can visit free of charge but will still need to obtain an online ticket in advance.
- Please note that there will be no ticket staff on site. However there will be a designated first aider available in case of any accidents. Information will be provided on site.
- We are very sorry but Mapperton Gardens will be unable to accommodate wheelchairs at this time. This is because the one way system requires the use of steep paths and steps, and it is not possible to create a safe wheelchair route given the need for social distancing. We will however continue to consider alternatives.
In common with other historic houses this year, Mapperton has lost all visitor income which normally supports the significant cost of running and maintaining the house & gardens.
However thanks to the hard work of our gardening team the gardens are looking wonderful and should provide a haven of calm and beauty during this challenging period. We therefore very much look forward to your visit and are grateful for your support.
Mapperton Estate, 28 July 2020